Wednesday, October 24, 2012

phu's blazer and pumpkin remix

My favorite blazer is this blazer I bought from American Eagle a long long long time ago. For this remix, I wore this blazer over a dress with tights and boots and kept it simple with the accessories. I've also worn this blazer to work over a white-tee which made me feel more "professional." :)

dress: forever21, blazer: american eagle
necklace: forever21
Crockpot Pumpkin Chili 

Growing up, pumpkin wasn't really part of my food consumption until I was a lot older so this remix was a bit of a challenge but I found this recipe and wanted to try it since I love my crockpot. Cooking with a crockpot is so easy - just throw everything in, turn it on and walk away until it's done.

1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1, 14.5 oz fire-roasted tomatoes
1, 15 oz can pumpkin
2, 4 oz cans diced green chiles 
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste 

Throw all ingredients into crockpot and stir well. Set crockpot on low setting and cook for 7 hours or until meat is cooked through. 


I baked some sweet potatoes wrapped in foil at 450 degrees for an hour and ate the chili over them. Overall, this meal reminds me of Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie. :)

Thanks for joining me today! 

<3, phu

No comments:

Post a Comment