Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge #16: Summer Wedding

Summer Wedding--Create an outfit for a summer wedding (the dress code is up to you). For bonus points (and this is what I'll be doing!) try to make your whole outfit, head to toe, come in under $100! (Or, exclude shoes and accessories to meet the $100 mark.)
Hosted by: Petite on a Penny

I event plan on the side, so when I saw the this Petite Fashion Challenge come out, I knew it'd be the perfect one for me to start on.  I'm also at the age where all my friends are getting married, so finding a unique outfit that comes under $100 for the events is a must.

For my high school friends' wedding.. CONGRATS, CHRISY & IRWIN!!... I had to find something functional and comfortable.  It had to be something I could set up and break down the wedding in, yet still look like a presentable guest.  With some effort and thought, I came up with this little number.
Description of Photo Description of Photo 
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
I like to think I'm an in-between petite, a little on the 'taller' side at 5'2", maybe I just have a longer bottom half?  After 28 years, I'm still trying to get to know my proportions, so bear with me.  This H&M dress would definitely fall at a nice length for shorter ladies, but I suppose that depends where you like the hem to fall, too.  I'd like for this dress to do double duty, but with the length just a tad bit short for the workplace, I'll just have to keep it for fancy occasions.

Dress: $23 H&M, bought with 35% off coupon (orig is $34.95)
Shoes: $20 Nine West via Nordstrom Rack
Clutch: $12 H&M (old)
Belt/Scarf: $5 Forever 21 (old)
Necklace: $8 Forever 21
Bracelets: $20 O.co, bought with 7% off coupon, $14 Asos, other one is gifted
Grand Total = $102

Ah! $2 over!! Well, if I only wore 2 of the 3 O.co bracelets, do I get to prorate the price? If I do then, I'm really at $96.  The challenge for me was keeping my accessories under, so I had to keep changing them.  It was difficult coming up with pieces that complemented the outfit, and didn't get lost or forgotten.  I also lucked out that I used coupons to buy some of these items, otherwise, I'd be way over budget.

I had a great time doing this challenge! Thank you, Lauren!!

See the rest of the stylish Petite Fashion Challenge entries over at Petite on a Penny:

Thanks for reading!!
<3 roe [a roesy life]

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow that H&M dress looks great on you and your shoe color is so pretty! Great job on the challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your shoes, they are very summery!

      Delete
  2. First, I'm impressed that your look did double duty: both wedding guest and event planner!

    Also, I am IN LOVE with that clutch!

    Great job on the challenge.

    www.petiteonapenny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren. The outfit definitely held up well doing double duty. I got the clutch last year, but has been my favorite piece for spring and summer.

      Delete
  3. i love peplum - you picked a great great dress and look beautiful!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved both prints on your dresses!

      Delete
  4. OOohhh this has to be one of my favorite challenge outfits! I would sooo wear this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was definitely a fun challenge! I loved your blue and yellow color combo! I've got to try one day soon.

      Delete
  5. Love the peplum! Is the dress white (!!!! - sorry, I'll never wear white to a wedding) or a very, very pale blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with peplum, too! I would never wear white, either, my biggest no no. It's actually grey, i don't think it's this light in real life, as I never thought that it could be close to white.

      Delete
  6. awww i love this dress on u!! :)you look so pretty bug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, bug! love your dress! and hair!!! what do you do to your hair?!

      Delete
  7. I love what you did with the scarf/belt and the dress. Very chic!

    http://glamorouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, took some time thinking about it!

      Delete
  8. I like the colours in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete