Thursday, June 28, 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge #17: Candy Colorized


The Challenge: Candy Colorized
Take a bowl full of colorful candies (M&Ms, Jolly Ranchers, jelly beans, etc.), close your eyes, and draw 2-3 pieces.  Now use those colors (+ a neutral of your choosing) to form the basis for your ensemble.

**Extra brownie points if you post more than 1 colorful ensemble or if you add a DIY element (because I love DIYs so much!) :D**
Hosted by: Sew Petite Gal

I love me some good candy.  Sour Patch Kids are my absolute favorite! but I haven't had any in awhile.  I've been trying some healthy eating, and then this challenge came up. :D It couldn't have come at a better time.  I stopped at Walgreens on my way to work, swooped up a box of sour kids, and proceeded to shake out 2 kids. (Bad idea, sugar everywhere!) but delicious!
This challenge made me nervous, because of the unpredictability, and even more nervous when I got orange and red! but what do you expect from the Sour Patch Kids.  So SOUR at first... but then so SWEET...
Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo

{Outfit}
Dress & Blazer: H&M
Necklace: Ann Taylor Outlet
Arm Candy: J.Crew & Kate Spade

See the rest of the stylish Petite Fashion Challenge entries over at Sew Petite Gal.  

Thank you, Sew Petite Gal!!


<3 roe [a roesy life]

22 comments:

  1. OMG your blog is so cool!! I love how the post popped out like that! And Sour patch...yummm, my absolute favorite candy for the movies! I love your dress such pretty prints and color and red are a nice combo. My colors were a little nuts but I got super lucky that my dress sorta matches it or else I will be looking like a clown. lol :)

    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The layout is thanks to my fellow resident bloggers :D I love your dress! I'm sure you would've made the colors work without that dress, though :)

      Delete
  2. I also used sour patch kids and got an orange one too! Sour patch kids are my all time favorite. Nice use of orange! I barely have anything orange in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. me either.. nothing orange that isn't in the SF Giants family wardrobe, that is.

      Delete
  3. Such pretty, pretty colors! You did a wonderful job in this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for throwing this challenge out!! :D

      Delete
  4. Love your dress. I am thinking of redoing one of the rooms in my house to pink and orange! <3
    And I started out with sour patch kids but ate them too quickly!

    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. i've had to control myself from sugar overload and inhaling the sour patch kids. I can't wait to see the orange and pink room!

      Delete
  5. awww i love the outfit bug!!! the shoes look so good on u!! i'm glad you decided to keep them ;) when did u get the necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for shoes! ;) the necklace was from at least a year ago :(

      Delete
  6. Lovely dress :) pink and orange are just too sweet !
    Thank you for the post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty, pretty dress, love all those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is so cute. Love your bracelets too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the challenge, Roe! All sweet, no sour on this summer outfit! I've been wanting to try the Petite Fashion Challenge for some time now, and I JUST found where the challenges are posted. Maybe next one whenever D & I finally unveil our blog ;)

    Love, P
    PS. I love the shoes! Been eyeing Hive and Honey for awhile now.... esp their jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see you participate!! if you don't want to unveil it just yet, you can always participate via email! but i'm anxious to see your new blog, too!

      yes.. honey & hive.. addicting.. :D

      Delete
  10. How pretty. & yummy sour patch kids!

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm such a fan of how you made these colours work! well done on the challenge - cute flats by the way.

    ReplyDelete