Thursday, July 26, 2012

PFC #18: "How far do I have to go to get to you..."

Petite Fashion Challenge #18: What to Wear to Impress Your Date!!
Hosted By: Amber at Easy Petite Looks
*find Roe's PFC here

Her whole life, my sister has been told that with a size 10 shoe she would be tall. Grown and standing at 5'3", she's married to a man who's 6'4"! In preparation for a friend's wedding recently, I helped her find a look that would bring him to his knees.
  • Simple taupe dress with dolman sleeves and an open back from Lola
  • Big, colorful jewelry from Stella & Dot via Anne Marie Call
  • Sexy gold shoes, repurposed after her wedding, by Badgley Mischka
  • Clean face and messy bun
Doesn't she look beautiful? I think this is an impressive date look because it's simple and sexy. A neutral color that's complimentary to your skin tone is chic. A revealing back is a sexy surprise. A pop of color keeps it fresh. And a little heel never hurts on date night. You don't want to look like you're trying too hard, even if you are ;) and you definitely want to look like you!


I wish I could play dress up with my sister more often. Unfortunately, she lives in San Diego. So this was a good excuse to play from afar. Don't forget to check out Roe's PFC post and Easy Petite Looks for more date night dress up.

In celebration of day dates, date nights, and distance, here's me and the man friend on a date at Lake Temescal in Oakland, CA. Not necessarily an outfit to blog about, but still a good time.

"How far do I have to go to get to you..."

Many the Miles - Sara Bareilles

4 comments:

  1. Court! Great job with the look! your sis looks amazing in that dress! :) love the pop of color too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although comfortable, I'd describe my fashion sense as lacking. Thanks to my sis, along with some help from Stella & Dot stylistnAnn Marie Call, I must admit I ˝felt˝ amazing that night. ;) ...much love from a frequent visitor and consumer of the FLAN blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is lovely .. the necklace also looks elegant ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so loving the necklace. And of course, you and your hubby look so cute together
    http://2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete