Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sleepy Sunday

Like D, I found my blazer at a vintage store. That rare moment when you walk in, see something you like, and it fits just right! It's blue velvet and made in Japan (maybe that's why the proportions work on me?) Anyways, this 'fit isn't something I'd normally wear, but that's the whole point of the blog, right?  Perfect for a sleepy Sunday with the ladies.
Don't tell my mama I let my bra show. Visible lingerie; style do or style don't?

Lately, I've been craving biscuits like crazy. They make a perfect snack with the Wildflower Honey the Mushroom Lady and Honey Man shared with me at the farmer's market. Why not make them pumpkin?
Pumpkin Biscuits
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon (maybe a little nutmeg too if you've got it)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup chilled butter (cut into small pieces)
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients and cut in (with pastry blender or 2 knives) butter
  3. Mix wet ingredients then add to flour and butter mixture
  4. Stir just until everything is moist. Don't over work it!
  5. Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead gently a few times. Don't over work it!
  6. Cut biscuits or separate into equal blobs on greased cookie sheet
  7. Bake until golden brown, approximately 11 mins
Enjoy!

P.S. I'm hella feeling this song. Check out her pumpkin colored blazer ;) full circle, bam!

Losing You - Solange

2 comments:

  1. Love your sandals and those pumpkin scones just look so delicious! I love pumpkin flavored sweets =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com
    Breil Necklace GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzie Q! You should grab a pair. They're on sale now. ;)
      http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=87370&np=605
      <3 C

      Delete