Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Goat Cheese, Spinach, Prosciutto & Strawberry Flatbread Pizza

Goat Cheese, Spinach, Prosciutto & Strawberry Flat bread pizza!
When I was younger, I used to eat strawberries ALL the time.  I remember coming home after school with my brothers and sister, one of us would pull the tub of whip cream out of the fridge and the rest of us would hull strawberries.  I was probably the one doing the easy work and getting the whip cream tub.  These days, my siblings have learned to say no, so I do all the heavy lifting myself, probably why I can't recall eating many strawberries at home these days.

Go figure that my first day back with strawberries I'd decide to go nuts and make strawberry/blackberry jam macarons!  But what kind of person would I be if I gave you tips on macarons that turned out like this:
attempt at Blackberry/Strawberry Jam Macarons
They were delicious, but aesthetically unpleasing to the eye.  I would definitely recommend this Ladurée's Sucre recipe found on Not So Humble Pie, just don't forget about all the tips for making macarons, like aging the eggs, and resting the piped batter.  My favorite trouble shooting guide is by Food Nouveau.  Luckily, I made that delicious little lunch above to hold me over while I slaved away attempting macarons.

{Goat Cheese, Spinach, Prosciutto & Strawberry Flatbread Pizza}
All ingredients were found at Trader Joe's
  • 1 - 6" flatbread
  • Goat Cheese, I used a spread that had kalamata olives
  • A small handful of spinach, I used about 6 - 8 leaves
  • 1 slice of prosciutto (approximately .5oz), cut/torn into pieces
  • 1 sliced up strawberry
  1. Spread a desired layer of goat cheese as your base. Add spinach, prosciutto, and then strawberries.
  2. Toast in a toaster-oven for about 10minutes, using the toaster setting.
**Note If you don't have a toaster oven you can preheat your oven to 425 degrees before step one, and then bake for about 10 minutes.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy this delicious little meal or snack, as well!

<3,
Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment