Tuesday, April 2, 2013

beer bacon mac & cheese

As a surprise, I cooked this beer bacon mac and cheese for the birthday boy. He loves mac and cheese and beer so I found this recipe that incorporated the two. I added bacon to it since I love bacon (and I think he does too haha). :)

8 oz elbow macaroni
4 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup of stout beer (or any beer)
8 ounces (2 cups) of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 slices of bacon

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta to al dente according to package. Cook bacon according to package and cut into pieces.

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, mustard, and black pepper until smooth. Add milk and beer until thick and simmering. Stir in cheese and cook until all cheese is melted.

Combine cheese mixture with macaroni until fully coated. Pour into greased baking dish and top with bacon. Bake for 25 mins.



I think he enjoyed this dish as much as I did, I hope you do too! :)


<3, phu

No comments:

Post a Comment