Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Warm and Fuzzy

The brisk, and recently rainy, weather has me wanting to bundle up and stay inside. And the best way to keep the apartment warm is to put something in the oven. I used what I had to avoid a grocery run but worked from these recipes for Bittersweet Chocolate and Cardamom Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Frosting. They turned out great, substitutions and all. (HINT: For every cup of buttermilk needed, add 1 tsp of vinegar to 1 cup and fill with milk. Let sit for 5-15 minutes before use.)
As much as I want to stay inside with my baked goods, I have to go to work. Don't let the Bay Area Sun fool you. It's freaking cold. Here's my alternative to the usual scarf, coat, and boots combo: chambray, striped sweater, skinnies, and booties. I added a camisole and knee highs underneath it all for extra warmth.
Apparently, fancy hair to me translates into, "Put a braid in it."

Stay warm!

4 comments:

  1. C love the braid! can u come braid muh hurr?! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to, Mama! When baby comes I'll bring over dinner and do your hair ;)

      Delete
  2. Cute, sis! ...and the cupcakes, so fancy!

    ReplyDelete