Wednesday, August 22, 2012

phu's maxi & summer squash remix


 A little fancy for a casual hangout but perfect for chilling at a bar next to the Chicago river sipping on cocktails, catching up, having great conversations, enjoying the city lights and sharing laughs with good company during a beautiful summer night. I'm very proud of myself for being able to do the sock bun which by the way is the perfect hairstyle for when the weather is hot and humid, when I'm too lazy to curl/straighten it or when it looks like a mess down. 

shoes: steve madden; necklaces: forever21; headband: h&m

maxi skirt: forever21; tank top: nordstrom rack; clutch: express

My photographer and one of my dearest friend Anica is so talented. She has such a creative mind and I cannot wait to see the wonderful artistic ideas that she's gonna show the world through her films and photography. I love seeing my loved ones following their passion to make their dreams come true. Ani, don't forget me when you're famous please. ;)
photography by Anica Wu.

I've been trying this Paleo diet for some time which means that I try not to eat any grains, dairy, refined sugar, or any processed foods (but of course I still reward myself with a cupcake from time to time haha). I wanted curry and decided to cook this dish where I used this recipe as a guide. Usually I would eat curry with rice but I used spaghetti squash as a substitute which goes perfect with this month's remix.


Paleo Chicken Curry Soup

2 lbs chicken breast, cubed - season with curry powder and pepper
1 white onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
mushrooms
shiitake mushrooms
coconut milk
curry powder
coconut oil
fish sauce and pepper for taste 
cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out insides out with a spoon. Place squash face down on baking pan and bake for 1 hour. Use fork to scoop out the "noodles" once it is cooled.
2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat and cook chicken ~ 7 mins
3. Put chicken aside and cook veggies ~ 6 mins
4. Throw chicken back into pan and stir for couple mins, next pour coconut milk until it covers everything and add some curry powder
5. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 mins
6. Garnish with cilantro 

I eyeballed everything as I was cooking this dish. Add as much curry powder, fish sauce, and pepper as you like for taste. 
instagram: phuphubear
The spaghetti squash with curry was pretty tasty to me. The spaghetti squash is perfect substitute for pasta as well.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to look out for our annoucement next week! :)

<3, phu

No comments:

Post a Comment