Wednesday, May 2, 2012

cheesecake stuffed STRAWBERRIES

For my food remix, I chose to try a quick, simple, no-bake recipe that turned out to be pretty tasty! Cheesecake stuffed strawberries might be my next go to for a quick dish to bring to a party.  I won't tell you how much of it me and my sister actually ate of it, but lets just say, I'm not proud. We made them with almond flavor, but I'm sure they would be delicious if you chose to add some other extract or even add in cocoa powder to the filling.

Inspired by nutmegnanny, here's how to make these treats.

Ingredients:
~1 pound fresh strawberries
8 oz softened cream cheese (can sub low fat)
~3 tablespoons powdered sugar
teaspoon almond extract 
graham cracker crumbs

Instructions:

Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract in a bowl.  Spoon into piping bag (or ziplock with the tip cut off).


Wash and remove the core of the strawberry by cutting around the top.


Squeeze the filling into the strawberry. Don't be stingy! The filling is the best part :)


Dip the tops into the crumbs.



I'd recommend you let these chill for a while, but I was too impatient to do that. So we ate them as soon as they were done.



Yum! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

<3 d

No comments:

Post a Comment