Wednesday, July 10, 2013

refreshing (spiked) watermelon lemonade


one word. REFRESHING.

4th of July week was HOT. And the one thing that can cool my buns were watermelons, so I decided to share and make everyone at the BBQ some fresh watermelon lemonade.  Thanks Martha for the inspiration.  I mashed, blended, strained, mix, and eventually spiked the watermelon lemonade.  My friend called it "crunk juice", I think he liked it.  We spiked it with vodka, my rule of thumb, pour until you taste it, or with what you're comfortable with.  We don't need drunken skallywags running around, or we might.  No.. definitely not.

Cool down with a glass of watermelon lemonade, and let me know if you have any special twists to it.  I have a feeling I'll be drinking this a lot this summer.

Thanks for reading!

<3 roe [a roesy life]

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious! I have a watermelon next to me now...must try this!

    ReplyDelete