Thursday, June 13, 2013

You Wear What You Eat

I love food so much that I want to wear it. Here's an outfit I picked up from Lulu's in anticipation of summer weddings. Peach and mint combo, yum! A big floral print on a shift dress looks mod and feminine but leaves lots of room for hors d'oeuvres, entrees, and wedding cake ;)
Through the Looking Glass Brown Tortoise Sunglasses
Mirror-est and Dearest PEACH Floral Shift Dress
Mavis 03 MINT D'Orsay Pointed Heels

As much as I love food, eggplant isn't my favorite, but I figure that anything is delicious roasted, right? So I sliced up a Chinese eggplant, brushed it with some olive oil, seasoned it with salt and pepper, and threw it in an oven set at 400 degrees. Meanwhile, I caramelized onions and sautéed morel mushrooms. 15mins later, after a flip, the slices were browned on both sides, and I was ready to assemble. I brushed olive oil on pieces of garlic naan and arranged the cooked veggies over a handful of shredded mozzarella. I put the naan in the oven, lowered to 350 degrees, for roughly 10 minutes until the cheese was golden brown. After a little time to cool, I topped everything with some arugula and enjoyed. Quick, easy, and delicious.
This would be amazing grilled. Who's got a grill? I'm coming over!


No comments:

Post a Comment