Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Dip-pity Do Daah...

I've been super busy lately, feels like an understatement to me.  My days have been filled with my 8-5pm FT job, then right after my evenings are filled with my 2 side hustles.  Weekends are filled with side hustling.  And if I'm not hustling, I'm attending baby showers, birthdays, and weddings.

I haven't had much me time, and haven't had much time to cook.  My meals these days consist of me reaching for something pre-made, left over, or chips and dip.  So what better way to remix my pumpkin, then with a little Pumpkin Hummus Dip.

This is probably the EASIEST thing I have ever made, which is nice when I don't even have time to brush my hair.

Pumpkin Hummus [makes about 1/2 cup]

  • 1/2 cup of Pumpkin Puree
  • 2 TBSP of Garlic Hummus (I use Safeway's, Eating Right, garlic hummus)
  • dash of Cayenne pepper for a kick
Pumpkin Puree (if you want to puree your own, instead of buying the canned version)
  • 1 small firm sugar pumpkin
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cut the pumpkin in half
  3. Place pumpkin halves, flesh side down, on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 mins - 1hr, or until flesh is soft.  This will vary depending on the size of your pumpkin
  4. When it is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and place in your food processor.
  5. Puree until smooth
  1. Mix together the pumpkin puree and the hummus, and a couple of dashes of cayenne to taste.
  2. Grab your favorite chip to dip. Mine are Pretzel Crisps.
  3. Dip and eat!
Thanks for joining me for my pumpkin remix! I hope you enjoy this little snack as much as I did.

<3 roe

No comments:

Post a Comment