Friday, May 25, 2012

rolling with turkey meatloaf

Always on the go, I like cooking things that are fast and easy. When I know I will be having a busy week, I like to cook this turkey meatloaf because it'll feed me for several days. I did a little tweaking and added several veggies into this recipe. The original recipe can be found here.  I've also made this recipe with ground chicken before which was pretty good. You don't have to bake it in a muffin pan but I like putting my muffin pans to use. :)

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey (or ground chicken)
3 egg whites
1/2 cup cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 small onion
2 celery stalks
half medium size red pepper and orange pepper chopped
1/2 cup of shredded carrots chopped

Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Spray the muffin pans with canola or olive oil. Mix all seasoning and oats together in a large bowl and stir with a spoon. In another large bowl, add the veggies to the ground turkey and mix with your hands. After the veggies are fully mixed with the ground turkey, slowly add the seasoning and mix by hand. Next, roll the mixture into balls and place in the muffin pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Makes about 24 rolls.

turkey meatloaf rolls with steam veggies.
I hope you enjoy them! :)

<3, phu

1 comment: