Thursday, July 26, 2012

PFC #18: What to Wear to Impress Your Date!!


The Challenge: What to Wear to Impress Your Date!! Hosted by: Amber at Easy Petite Looks
*don't forget Courtney's PFC post here

I've been in a long term relationship for some years now, so my date look isn't anything special to me.  Whether I'm running errands, or going to dinner, or going to work, the look is pretty interchangeable, when I'm not in leggings or bumming around.  Usually the biggest difference is the height of my heels, and whether I do my hair or not.  This is not to say it's not important to me to impress my bf, he just doesn't care :D.

For this "date" night, I kept it sleek with black skinnies, a sequined tank, some 4" heels, and a blazer to keep me warm on these SF chilly nights. (pardon the lighting.. on my way out)
Description of Photo
This new/old purse is probably my favorite addition to my closet, or in fact possessions.  Not because it's Chanel, and not because it's vintage Chanel.  It's because, aside from my mother's love and knowledge, this is one of the last things my mom passed down to me before she passed away. I'll definitely be taking extra care of this one, and hope to pass it down when the time comes.
Description of Photo

Description of Photo
Keepin' the arm swag simple, don't need to be fiddlin' with them on dates.

Meet Harold, he keeps me company on dates, and reminds me to behave.
He's always "On The Mark" (by Stella & Dot)

Sweet Nordstrom Rack find...

What sets my 'errand' outfits apart from 'date night' might be the effort I put into my hair.  Errands call for a messy bun, date night calls for a little more effort.  Here I did a sock bun with the addition of a small braid.  I feel braids make everything look prettier and more special!
{Outfit}
Blazer & Pants: H&M
Top: J.Crew
Shoes: Sam Edelman from Nordstrom's Rack
Arm Candy: Kate Spade (in silver), O.co (gifted), DearDaniDesigns

I especially liked this challenge, because Courtney participated, too.  See Courtney's PFC here.
Thank you, Amber for hosting! 
Check out the other participates on Amber's blog: Easy Petite Looks

Hope you all enjoyed my take on the challenge.  Thanks for reading!!
<3 roe [a roesy life]

12 comments:

  1. bug! love it all! love your mama's chanel bag <3 she's in good hands! and you look so pretty =) (harold is not so bad himself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heels and jeans...my favorite! The blazer just adds so much more! I gotta tell you that I love your blog but it is really hard to navigate..or i am just not used to this format...but I like how its really high tech hahaha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the feed back, eliz!! i'm glad you brought it up, because we have talked about the layout before. I hope the new layout makes it more reader friendly! :)

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous! Love your red blazer. So sexy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! It's so fun and classy! The blazer + skinny jeans + those shoes look great!

    http://skinnyjeansandotherthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i don't wear pants outside of the workplace often enough, but this, I like :D

      Delete
  5. Great look! Love the bun with the braid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! "sock bun" does wonders. and i love braids :D

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks gorgeous! Love the look - especially the bright red blazer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! who knew date night could be so easy, with a little thought :)

      Delete